In line with GDPR laws we’ll only collect necessary personal data to process a sale or an enquiry for you or so you can use our website. We may ask to send you emails or post from time to time, but you always have the right to say no or opt-out, and we will never, ever send you spam. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third parties.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us and purchase our products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How do we use your personal information?
At robertpricejewellers.com we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. This includes sending shipping and delivery information. We will not sell your data to any third parties. We also use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
How we manage your data
Whilst you are an active customer (which, for the avoidance of doubt, means you have purchased from us) we will retain your data for as long as needed to give you the best possible customer service. We will anonymise your personal data 7 years after your last transaction (sale or refund) provided you have not interacted with us for 2 years. For the purposes of this policy, an interaction is defined as an identifiable website or app session, or contacting our contact centre.
• In all instances outlined above, the process of anonymising your data may take up to one calendar month.
• In certain circumstances we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
• If you have any concerns or questions about how we protect your privacy, please contact email@example.com
What information might we collect?
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
• We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: email@example.com
4 New Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.